The House of Haw

Pharaoh Hounds and other crap -- blog site for DesertPhoenix Pharaoh Hounds.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

"You ought to be in pictures...."

It has been forever since I last posted to the blog.....

Numerous things have happened over this time, many of which I will cover in future posts (I promise!). But, first, I would like to post a brag about an exciting experience we and a couple of our hounds had....

A little over two weeks ago, I received a phone message from an advertising/design firm in Cleveland. They were looking for some "exotic" dogs to use in a photo shoot for local furniture company - the furniture company's new fall line had a "Moroccan" influence and it was decided to use pharaoh hounds in the photos with this furniture. Feeling a little skeptical about the validity of the call, I asked my father to check out if it truly was "kosher". To my amazement, it was!!!!

The photo shoot was to take place in Cleveland Heights at The Alcazar, a beautiful, historical hotel built in 1923. We were asked to bring a couple of our best-behaved dogs - some of the photos would be of the dog(s) alone on various pieces of furniture, while others would be of the dog(s) with either a male or female model. After much contemplation, we decided to take with us Minnie, Venus, Emma and her daughter Arielle.

We were asked to arrive at the photo shoot on Thursday (which was only two days later) at 2:00pm. So, on Thursday morning, I picked up my daughter early from school, and we hit the road at approximately 11:30 am for an adventure we all would not soon forget.....

1 Comments:

  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Hey Laura! This sounds like quite the adventure! Will look forward to reading the rest (am 'new' to blogging and not sure if I am just not finding the 'rest of the story.')
    I called and left a message with your Mother regarding Jasmine. Left you an email as well.

    Thanks!
    Lisa
    www.VoicesInHeaven.com
    Ohio

     

Post a Comment

<< Home